Road Use Agreement

Before starting a business, business, activity or development that may require transportation on Leduc County roads, you should contact Leduc County at 780-979-6185 to determine if a road use agreement is required. More information Regarding damage caused to roads by heavy traffic, it is possible to report it to the protection services service 780-352-0005 or to the public works department at 780-361-6221. Before applying for a road use contract, you should take the following steps: Road use agreements contribute to the protection of road infrastructure and allow companies and businesses to access transport routes and road infrastructure. Among the conditions required by a road use agreement are, inter alia, the following: agricultural producers are exempted from the conclusion of road use agreements if they meet the criteria set out in the Highway Code. The Wetaskiwin District`s road use agreement policy aims to preserve road infrastructure, while minimising publicly funded maintenance costs and protecting the safety of all road users. It is therefore necessary to adopt road use agreements between companies and industry (resources / extraction) that cause traffic jams with the potential to damage our roads. The county monitors these roads and ensures that road use agreements are implemented in order to avoid problems such as road damage. If you do not receive a road use agreement, you may be fined under the Leduc County Transportation By-law. Must demonstrate in writing, prior to the commencement of work, that all transport routes have been approved by each of the relevant road authorities by a signed road use agreement and a development agreement. If you are transporting filling material, you may need a development authorization.

You must specify the development authorization number if you are applying for a road user agreement. Road use agreements are site-specific and apply to journeys inside and outside the site, as concrete pump vehicles cannot drive below 100% weight per axle. Some of the county`s roads have annual road bans, so a RUA and permission are required to travel beyond these prohibitions during non-ban periods. You can complete the Highway Use Agreement application and submit it for verification by Public Works, or for more information, please contact the Public Works Department at 780-361-6221. Agricultural producers (including commercial transporters) may drive with 90% legal weight on axles limited to a 75% ban on feathered road, without authorisation provided for in the Road Protection Regulation, Section 6.0 Exceptions to obtaining point 6.6. You can fill out the Road Use Agreement application to submit it for processing or for more information, please contact the Public Works Department at 780-362-6221.Agricultural producers who wish to exceed the regulatory 90% axle weight You must sign a road use contract and obtain permission from Roadata Services (888-830-7623). Wetaskiwin County`s road infrastructure is intended for public use and Wetaskiwin County recognizes that the economy and industry (resource/extraction) depend on road infrastructure. Sometimes the demands placed on road traffic often exceed the capacity of roads, which can damage the pavement and make it dangerous.

A road use agreement (RUA) must be concluded before the start of your programme or project. Applications must be submitted at least 10 working days before the start of the planned activity. If you need a Road Use Agreement (RUA), please complete the application and attach this application….